Search This Blog

Book Review: Waking Up Married by Mira Lyn Kelly

Her first thought: "Who are you?"

It's the morning after her cousin's bachelorette party in Vegas and Megan Scott wakes up with the mother of all hangovers. Even worse, she's in a stranger's penthouse having woken up with something else as well - a funny, arrogant, sexy...husband!

Up until now, finding even a boyfriend had seemed impossible - been there, got the broken heart, sworn off men for good. Then a few martinis with Carter...no, Connor Reed and she's gone from first meet to marriage in one night!

Megan wants a lawyer. But Connor's shocking bombshell?

"I don't want a divorce."


Waking Up Married
By: Mira Lyn Kelly
Publisher: Harlequin KISS
Release Date: December 1, 2012
Reviewed: e-book



"Waking Up Married" was my very first Harlequin romance novel. I would have to say that I was slightly surprised. My expectations were way different than what I got. i was expecting some raunchy novel that I would think was overplayed and revolting but the novel was real cute.

I thought the characters were great. I loved getting to know Connor and Megan. Megan has decided that she is done with guys and that she is just going to have a child on her own. During a bachelorette party in Vegas, Megan ends up married. here is where our story truly begins. Connor is a rich business man who was just recently dumped and when he meets Megan, everything changes.

I thought this was a really cute novel. Connor and Megan have to learn who they are individually and together. They have to decide if they really want to be together or not. If you want a good light-hearted read; check out this novel. It was a sweet little read that I loved diving into "Waking Up Married" right before bed. Just a warning, there is some sex in this novel, two scenes I believe, I don't recommend it to any teenagers, at least no young ones. I picked up some more of the KISS Harlequin novels, hopefully there will be some more reviews soon.


I give "Waking Up Married" four out of five stars.




No comments