Search This Blog

Book Review: Easy by Tammara Webber

Rescued by a stranger.Haunted by a secretSometimes, love isn’t easy…

A groundbreaking novel in the New Adult genre, Easy faces one girl's struggle to regain the trust she's lost, find the inner strength to fight back against an attacker, and accept the peace she finds in the arms of a secretive boy.

He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior…

The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.

Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth—and find the unexpected power of love.

Publication Date: November 6, 2012
Ages 16 and up
Berkley Books
Reviewed: paperback




I really wasn’t sure about Easy by Tammera Webber. I actually have been passing on purchasing it for awhile now but I was looking around in a used bookstore and spotted a copy of it. I decided that it was time that I gave Easy a chance. To be completely honest I didn’t have very high expectations for the book. I thought it was going to be some cheesy romance novel. Boy was I wrong. Webber caught my attention right away and I could not put Easy down; I just had to know what happened next.

The only negative thing I have to say about Easy by Tammera Webber is that it is very predictable. I pegged one of the first mysteries of the book within the first 3 or 4 chapters. I wish that the book wasn't as predictable but even with it being so, I think Easy was a great book. I actually recommended this book to a friend and they are reading it right now, so I can’t wait to hear her interpretation. Easy is a love story, but I also think that it is more than that. It is also learning to find you again after a break up and also about learning to fall in love again. This book is filled with life lessons that people can learn from.

I really liked Jacqueline. I think she is a very relatable character. Jacqueline just got out of a long relationship with her boyfriend and due to the peer pressure of her friend, she decided to go out to a party. Since she wasn't having any fun, she decided to go home early, when she almost gets raped by someone she thought was her friend. Jacqueline would have been raped if it wasn't for a random college guy coming to her rescue. She never noticed this guy before and she hadn't seen where he had come from but she was grateful and embarrassed for his rescue. Now Jacqueline has to get over being dumped by her boyfriend, an almost rape, and trying to catch up in economics since she is failing the class from skipping it so much. Jacqueline is normally a good student but she has been skipping class because this was the one class her ex-boyfriend and her were taking together and she just couldn't face him. After asking the professor for a way to make up her missed class work, he refers her to a tutor.Jacqueline begins an email friendship with her tutor as she tries to catch up for class. What Jacqueline has never noticed before is that the guy who saved her from being raped is also in her economics class and seems to appear all over campus at various jobs.

Lucas is a mysterious character that everyone assumes is the “hot” bad boy. However Lucas is anything but, he keeps to himself in class and he likes to draw along with working a lot all over campus. At least that is when he isn't saving pretty girls from being raped. Lucas was the college student that saved Jacqueline’s life. Even though Lucas isn't the bad boy type, he is still very mysterious; no one really knows much about him. As he and Jacqueline get to know each other better, life gets more and more complicated. Lucas is a literary boyfriend that women will fawn over. He just seems so perfect, he may have a bit of a messy background but you can’t help but want to know more about him.

I really enjoyed Lucas and Jacqueline’s story. I really liked how this book turned out. I think Tammera Webber did a fantastic job with Easy. If you haven’t checked it out yet, you definitely should. This is not a book that I would recommend to anyone under 17 years of age, mainly because there are some tasteful sex scenes and then of course the situations with rape. Great job Tammera, looking forward to reading more of your works.



I give "Easy" five out of five bookshelves.




No comments