Search This Blog

Book Review: City of Glass By Cassandra Clare

Stars: Five

Oh my goodness!!! I am not totally sure where I need to start with this review. This book was great. I liked it better than the first two books. I couldn't put the book down. I needed to know what happens next.

Cassandra Clare has done a great job wither her character development. I like reading series because I love to see the character development. I like to see where characters start and how they grow and develop. I read a lot of books and my favorite genre is Young Adult Fiction and authors tend to write about their teenage characters as adults. Cassandra Clare keeps her teenage characters as teenagers. They act like teenagers, they fall in love like teenagers, and they throw temper tantrums like teenagers.

Simon: I have to say that I prefer Simon being a Vampire. He was a very jealous mundane but once he became a vampire he has developed into an awesome character.

Isabelle: She is definitely the best kick butt girl character out there. She is amazing. Sometimes I wish I had her spirit.


Alec: Thank goodness he finally got over Jace. I think Alec is developing into one of the best characters in the book. I can't wit to see where is future lies.

Max: I was very upset about what happens to Max. He's such a cute character. I love that Clary and Max got along so well.

Luke: Luke is my favorite adult character. He is such an amazing father figure for Clary. I absolutely love Luke.

Magnus: Where to start? Magnus is the best character in the entire book. He is so full of sarcasm which is why I like him so much. He has an attitude that I absolutely adore. I love his glittery and funky style.

Sebastian: I have to honestly say that I didn't like him from the start. He irritated the crap out of me. I don't think he is gone forever though.

Jace: I don't even know where to start with Jace. In the middle of the book I didn't like him so much. He was doing the whole pity me act and to be honest it was getting slightly annoying. By the end of the book I was definitely loving Jayce again.

Jocelyn: I can't wait to see what happens with her character. I like that Cassandra Clare included her story in the book.

Clary: I think Clary grew up a lot in this book. She had to be the strong one in several parts of the book. I think Clary is going to end up being a very fierce shadowhunter to contend with.

I can't really write a whole lot because everything I want to say about about the book would contain spoilers.

I definitely would like to have a shout out to Cassandra Clare. She did an awesome job with this book series and I am very glad that she has decided to continue this series. I know that I am late to the band wagon of this series. I was very hesitate about reading it just because I didn't think I would be interested. Casandra Clare has really blown me away. She has me hooked and I can't wait to find out what happens next.

No comments